Thursday, June 3, 2010

For those of you that don't know me, and those who do, I've been struggling with my weight for years. I have watched it go up and down since I was 22. Now I am 37 and tired of the struggle. I've decided not to let it control me any longer. I made the decission to get off that roller coaster and start doing something lasting for my body. Though it has been hard I have changed most of my eating habits...leaving room for some high calorie days...and I joined a gym. I exercise 4-5 days a week, no less than 30 mins. The struggles are still there and there are weeks that I have to fight with myself and still get discouraged and want to give up. Then I look at the picture diary that I keep and it motivates me to push on. I also keep a journal expressing all my struggles, let downs, goals, and accomplishments. I find these things very helpful. But the greatest help comes from my relationship with the Lord. I find encouragemnet in his word and I trust in it then I pray for his strength!
So why have I decided to blog about all this? The answer is very simple: you see God doesn't want us to go it alone. We were created for relationships. It is my hope that it will be the relationships I form from this blog that will help to inspire others who struggle with their weight. ("Now the body is not made up of one part but many...if one part suffers, every part suffers with it: if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it." 1 Corinthians 12:14,26)
It is my pray my dear friends that you will join me in allowing God to transform our lives.
("Such confidence as this is ours through Christ before God" 2 Corinthians 3:4)

This Blog's Mission Statement:
Helping those who struggle with their weight to overcome by trusting the Lord.

2 comments: